Jun 19, 2012

Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins Book Review


Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins's groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year. (From Amazon.com)

Ummm… wow. This book left me speechless! I found it 100 times better than the first 2 books! From the first chapter all the way to the end, this book kept you on edge. If I wasn’t so disciplined I wouldn’t have been able to put it down! But I think bathroom breaks and meals deserve my full attention! :-P
I originally didn’t want to get my hopes too high, but honestly this book was pretty awesome. I must commend Collins on her excellent character development and overall conflict of the characters. Very well done!
Though I didn’t particularly care for the ending or the way in which she killed off some of her characters. But I didn’t write the book, so I won’t push the issue. But how could Collins kill them with seemingly no remorse?! She could have at least given them a noble death! ARG! Okay rant ended.
But either way her characters were pretty awesome!
Yes there was a small amount of romance but it was ever so fortunately bearable. I was very pleased!
Unfortunately with the way it ended you are left with some unanswered questions. But I guess it was sort of meant to be that way. Kind of an elusive ending. Let-the-readers-think-for-themselves kind of thing. Which isn’t terrible but it radiates the feeling of an unfinished saga. Then you end up with angry readers and fans demanding more, causing riots and burning houses, you know the usual whatnot. (Sorry couldn’t resist! :-P)
I liked all the twists and turns of the plot, very well planned and thought out.
Out of the whole of the trilogy I’d have to say this book was the best! Very good, very compelling, and action packed. I guess it was the action that kept me on board for the entire trilogy. I tend to go for more of the action/adventure sort of books. This book took you far and wide and up and up and down on its crazy fast paced ride! Very well written, indeed!
Title – Mockingjay
Author – Suzanne Collins
Pages – 390
Type of Book – Fiction
Website – http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/

No comments: