Sep 5, 2012

The Throne of Fire - Rick Riordan Book Review


Ever since the gods of Ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command, but the devious gods haven't given them much time to master their skills at Brooklyn House, which has become a training ground for young magicians.
And now their most threatening enemy yet - the chaos snake Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will come to an end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family. (From Back of Book)

Haha! I love these books! Riordan is such a great author! I love crazy impossibility and this book was full of it! though I think I read it a little too fast! I read more than half of it in one evening and the next day I was so tired I didn't even want to read! But I did anyways... :-P
This book was so cool! Though I don't think it was quite as funny as the first book. Then again the world was ending in a matter of a few short day, not much of a laughing matter there. You could definitely tell that the stakes were much higher  in this book. Bigger threat, shorter time frame, and an even more impossible solution! I love it! This is the sort of fiction I love, so much action and pure impossibility that there is barely time to breath! I cannot wait to read the next book! Though Sadie's infatuation with the god of funerals and death is a little odd and slightly disturbing. Otherwise this book was increadable! Full of a ridiculas amount of imagination! Yes! I am so reading the next book!
Title- The Throne of Fire
Author- Rick Riordan
Series/Trilogy Title- The Kane Chronicles Book 2
Pages- 452
Type of Book- Fiction
Website- http://www.rickriordan.com/home.aspx

No comments: