Jan 30, 2013

Crazy Dangerous - Andrew Klavan


Do Right, Fear Nothing.
Sam Hopkins is a good kid who has fallen in with the wrong crowd. Hanging around with car thieves  and thugs, Sam knows it's onlly a matter of time before he makes one bad decision too many and gets into real trouble.
But one day, Sam sees these thugs harassing a eccentric schoolmate named Jennifer. Finding the courage to face the bullies down, Sam loses a bad set of friends and acquires a very strange new one.
Because Jennifer is not just eccentric. To Sam, she seems downright crazy. She has terrifying hallucinations involving demons, the devil, and death. And here's the really crazy part: Sam is beginning to suspect that these visions may actually be prophecies, prophesies of something terrible that's going to happen very soon. Unless he can stop it.
With no one to believe him, with on one to help him, Sam is now all alone in a race against time.
Finding the truth before disaster strikes is going to be both crazy and very, very dangerous. (From Amazon.com)
Wow. This book was incredible!  Absolutely spectacular! It starts off fast paced and intense and it ends leaving you breathless. Honestly all I can say about the book is, wow, just wow.

This is one of the books I received for Christmas and I can see several re-reads in it's future! Awesome book!
Oh my goodness! That last chapter had my heart pumping like crazy! Just thinking about it almost sends me into a relapse!
I really liked the story, the main character, Sam, reminded me a lot of Captain America, never knowing when to back out of a fight. (Captain America is one of the only "super-hero" movies I actually like, awesome story line ) It made a great read. Oh and there was no romance! I am one happy camper! :-D
At the beginning of each section (there were a total of 5 sections) there was a few pages narrated by a girl who had hallucinations and honestly I thought some of those were kind of creepy.
I only had one problem with the book, which I will keep to myself for personal reasons, but it didn't influence the actual story line at all. But overall it was an excellent book! I highly recommend Andrew Klavan's books, there amazing! He always manages to make me love his characters from the first page! (I have another Andrew Klavan book I received this Christmas also; I can't wait to read it!) And I loved the "Do right. Fear nothing." theme of the book! Awesome.
Title - Crazy Dangerous
Author - Andrew Klavan
Pages - 330
Type of Book - Christian Fiction Action/Adventure
Website - http://www.andrewklavan.com/

2 comments:

Diane Estrella said...

I saw this book and so wanted to read it. I'll have to put it on my TBB (to be bought) list. Hugs!!!

Elizabeth L.W. said...

Yes, it's a wonderful book! Very good author too! You should check out his other series 'The Homelanders'. I did a review on those books too!