Aug 24, 2013

I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore


Nine of us came here.
We look like you.
We talk like you.
We live among you—but
We are not you.
We have powers you dream of having.
We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—
But we are real.
They caught Number One in Malaysia. Number Two in England. And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.
I am Number Four. I am next.
This book is probably my first alien book. It was super fast paced and I finished it quicker than I've finished any other book in the last month or more.
I love the action and suspense. Very well balanced and carried out!
The story line definitely kept me interested, and overall I thought it was pretty much great! The characters were good but not extraordinary, though not at all boring!
Also there was the fact that the majority of the book took place in Ohio... What can I say? I'm a bit biased, I know! :-P
I liked the depth and complexity of the story but there were things I wasn't okay with. There was some romance between the main character, John, or Number Four, and a girl, Sarah. In my opinion their relationship got a little too serious for their age, John was only 15.
There also was some profanity. Thankfully not every other word sort of swearing, there were even a few chapters that were devoid of it. Though I had been warned about it by the person who recommended the book to me, so I didn't walk into it blindly. I was encouraged to read it for the story line itself not the swearing...
There also was a party that included minors drinking alcohol that got our of hand and didn't end well.
Otherwise the book was good. I'm not even sure if I'd go so far as to say the good things outweighed the bad, but overall it wasn't a terrible book, I wouldn't particularly care to own it, but I'll most likely read the next one.
Title - I Am Number Four
Author - Pittacus Lore
Series/Trilogy Title - Lorien Legacies
Book in Series/Trilogy - #1
Pages - 440
Type of Book - Science Fiction
Website - http://iamnumberfourfans.com/

No comments: