Feb 11, 2012

New Blog Focus

Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately I sort of got grounded for a month... But It wasn't all that bad. It gave me some time to think about something I haven't really given much thought to; the focus of my blog.
I've been wanting to do something different with my blog for a while now. Mainly less about me and more about Jesus. I've thought about several ideas but none of them really seemed like they'd last long. So recently I've thought about doing a book review/music/movie review sort of blog. I still might throw in some of my jewelry here and there but I'm afraid I don't make enough jewelry for it to be my blogs main focus. But with this book/music/movie set up the book reviews would come much more frequent than the movie reviews; only because I am a hardcore book junkie (Note the background) and I don’t usually see new movie releases until they are considered old! :-P
I like more of the fantasy fiction sort of books, in fact I’ve read at least 5 different authors books that their stories all take place in different worlds. Among those are, of course, C.S. Lewis’ The Chronicles of Narnia and J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings as well as The Hobbit.
But as far as romance novels go…Yeah… I try to steer clear of those. So if you are an anti-romance reader, fear not! For I have books for you! :-P
As much as I love reading fiction that doesn’t mean I don’t like nonfiction! Nonfiction does take me a little longer to read but that doesn’t mean I like it any less than fiction. In fact some of the best books I’ve read recently are nonfiction! They will definitely be posted here as a book review in the near future.
As for music I like contemporary Christian and Christian rock. Artist such as Tenth Avenue North, Mikeschair, Sidewalk Prophets, tobyMac, Newsboys, Francesca Battistelli, Chris Tomlin, Kari Jobe, Hawk Nelson, just to name a few. So that is what you can expect as far as music.
Now movies are kind of hard to gauge. We don't see very many new movies until they've been out for over a year or more, so I'm not sure how that'll work. But Well see.
 Anyways these are my plans, I know now starting a blog without any definite plans on what to do with it was not the greatest idea; but at least I know what I’m going to do now! I will warn you though, I’m not very good at writing reviews so the first few might be a little rough, but please bear with me!
 

No comments: