Jul 12, 2012

The Last Thing I Remember - Andrew Klavan Book Review

Charlie West just woke up in someone else's nightmare.
He's strapped to a chair. He's covered in blood and bruises. He hurts all over. And a strange voice outside the door just ordered his death.
The last thing he can remember, he was a normal high-school kid doing normal things--working on his homework, practicing karate, daydreaming of becoming an air force pilot, writing a pretty girl's number on his hand. How long ago was that? Where is he now? Who is he really?
And more to the point . . . how is he going to get out of this room alive? (From Amazon.com)

Suspense? Action? Adventure? Did I just hear my name? Wow, I think I just found a new favorite author!
 From the moment I opened this book I was hooked. Klavan's  writing style is hugely captivating and can be pretty humorous at the same time.
The timing couldn't have been worse.
I got this book from the library a day before July 4th, which is probably the busiest time of the year for my family! We clean, clean, clean the house and the garage until its nearly spotless. So here I am trying to balance a book in one hand and trying to complete my tasks with the other. Very tricky!
It didn't help that every chapter ended so abruptly that I could hardly function without knowing what had happened!
At one point when I had to use both my hands to do something, I decided that the book  was evil and I wouldn't pick it up again.
That lasted all of what? All of 2 seconds? Yeah I know pretty pathetic.
So I have a  love hate relationship with Mr. Klavan right about now. Amazing book, but could you give me a break? I've got chores to do!
This book is actually the first christian book I've read in a while. And let me tell you, have I missed it! This book held a lot of meaning, and Klavan presented a lod of great questions. His writing style is really impressive as well as his main character, Charlie. Wonderful book!
Title- The Last Thing I Remember
Author- Andrew Klavan
Pages- 346
Type of Book- Fiction
Website- http://www.andrewklavan.com/

No comments: