Jul 10, 2012

The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan Book Review

Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.
One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.
Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs. (From Amazon.com)

Hmmm... where should I start? *strokes invisible beard*
This book was awesome. Simple as that.
Review ended.
Go out and read it!
Okay, on a more serious note... Rick Riordan did and excellent job on this book! I normally don't let myself get too evolved in the books I read; but this book worked like an impossible vortex until it pulled me into another world! A world of ancient magical possibility to be exact!
In other words I was hooked from the first page. I really didn't expect to love this book so much. It was actually a birthday present from my grandma. How it sat on the shelf so long waiting to be read is a mystery in and of itself!
Ancient Egypt has always interested me, but this, this is something else entirely! There were times where I was laughing so hard my eyes would start to leak! :-P The titles of the chapters were enough to have you chomping at the bit as to what would come next! Oh and something I absolutely hated, THE CHAPTERS WOULD LEAVE YOU HANGING! An outrage! Authors should be burned at the stake or locked up for such a monstrosity! ARG!
I usually pride myself in being able to put a book down, but not with this one!
I love the way it was written. Riordan alternated between his two main characters, Carter and Sadie, and there view points of their situation every two chapters or so. It turned out to be rather amusing!

I will definitely be reading the next book sometime in the near future! This book took me on such a fast paced mythological and action packed ride it was addicting! Definitely a 're-read'!
Title- The Red Pyramid
Author- Rick Riordan
Pages- 516
Type of Book- Fiction
Website- http://www.rickriordan.com/home.aspx

No comments: