Apr 14, 2013

The Death Cure - James Dashner


Thomas knows that WICKED can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. To complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare.
What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what WICKED says.
The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine. (Barnes & Noble)

Wow, what a ride!
The Death Cure is the final book in Maze Runner trilogy; it's finally over, and when I say that I mean it in more ways than one.
Surprisingly enough this book brought me near tears more than I'd like to admit. Something I've noticed about these books is that there is a lot of death. Many of them  quite brutal, but none of them hit me as hard as they did in this book. They were characters I'd gotten close to, and leaned to love. I didn't realize such grief could exist for fictional characters.
The ending was perfect, and so well deserved that I very nearly cried, yet again. Because of that I think this book is my favorite in the trilogy, the fist book coming in as a close second.
The cuss words that weren't technically were hardly even used in this book.
The love triangle really wasn't there in this book, and in terms of romance in general, there wasn't much either.
When I think back on this trilogy, this book in particular, I can't help but feel infinitely sad, but then there's a little joy mixed in there as well.
This was a very very good, though bittersweet, book. It most definitely left a lasting impression. Very good writing; believable, and tragic, yet powerful.
I highly recommend this trilogy to anyone who likes heart stopping action or dystopian books. This is a must read.
though I guess the story isn't 100% complete, being that I'm about to crack open  The Kill Order, the prequel to the trilogy.
Great job, Dashner, great job.
Title - The Death Cure
Author - James Dashner
Series/Trilogy Title - The Maze Runner
Book in the Series/Trilogy - #3
Pages - 325
Type of Book - Dystopian fiction
Website - http://www.jamesdashner.com/

No comments: