Sep 21, 2013

Incarceron - Catherine Fisher

Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells and corridors, but metal forests, dilapidated cities, and wilderness. It has been sealed for centuries, and only one man has ever escaped. Finn has always been a prisoner here. Although he has no memory of his childhood, he is sure he came from Outside. His link to the Outside, his chance to break free, is Claudia, the warden's daughter, herself determined to escape an arranged marriage. They are up against impossible odds, but one thing looms above all: Incarceron itself is alive . . .
I've read reviews on this book before and it sounded pretty good so when I happened upon it at the library I thought, "What the heck? Why not!"
Turns out I liked this book a lot! It had a very intricate plot and setting. I read this book in about 2-ish days, I think.
The beginning was a bit confusing because so much ways going on and a lot of it really wasn't explained, but I got the gist of it based on the characters reactions. Speaking of the characters, they were very cool! They were surprising and they were easily likable. I think I liked Claudia the best, her character was very complex. Though she seemed selfish, haughty, self-righteous, and impossible at times it made her character all the more likable, for me at least.
And the prison, Incarceron, wow, wasn't really expecting that! Very, very, complex!
I love the personality that this book and and I am thoroughly looking forward to the next one! I actually bought the second book before I even read the first one! So I had no idea if I would even like it, but how could I pass it up for $2?!
The only thing I did not like about this book was that there was some profanity in it. Not much, I probably could count all of the words on one hand, but still.
Very, very cool book! And no big cliffhanger! Yay! Though I am anticipating a love triangle in the next book, though hopefully not, but we'll see!
Title - Incarceron
Author - Catherine Fisher
Series/Trilogy Title - Incarceron Series
Book in Series/Trilogy - #1
Pages - 442
Type of Book - YA Dystopia
Website - http://www.catherine-fisher.com/index.asp

No comments: